The most popular screen reader worldwide, JAWS® for Windows® works with your PC to provide access to today’s software applications and the Internet. With its internal software speech synthesizer and the computer’s sound card, information from the screen is read aloud, providing technology to access a wide variety of information, education and job related applications. JAWS® also outputs to refreshable braille displays, providing unmatched braille support of any screen reader on the market. Get started with training in DAISY format and a trial version of Freedom Scientific's FSReader DAISY player software.
•Two multi-lingual synthesizers: Eloquence and Vocalizer Expressive
•Built-in free DAISY Player and full set of DAISY-formatted basic training books
•Works with Microsoft Office, Internet Explorer, Firefox, and much more
•Supports Windows 8, including touch screens and gestures
•Support for MathML content presented in Internet Explorer that is rendered with MathJax
•Fast information look-up at your fingertips with Research It
•Convenient OCR feature provides access to the text of PDF documents, even those with scanned images that are reported as empty documents by screen readers
•Save time with Skim Reading
•The only Windows screen reader to provide contracted Braille input from your Braille keyboard
•Fully compatible with MAGic, screen magnification software, and OpenBook, scanning and reading program
•JAWS Tandem available for free to help with support and training
•Optional support for Citrix, Terminal Services, and Remote Desktop
•Powerful scripting language to customize the user experience on any application
•Includes drivers for all popular Braille displays
•Includes voices for over 30 different languages
•Distributed worldwide with local sales and support in most countries
This product cannot be sold outside of California.
- The JAWS® interactive talking installation makes it easy to get started without sighted assistance.
- Supports all standard Windows® applications without the need to do special configurations.
- Enhanced support has been added for today’s most popular applications, including Microsoft® Office, Corel WordPerfect® Office, and IBM Lotus® Notes®.
- Supports Internet Explorer with special features: links lists, frames lists, forms mode, reading HTML tables and graphic labels and more.
- Includes a unique scripting language for further customization with nonstandard Windows applications and proprietary software.
- New tools for easier customization without the need to write scripts.
- Outputs to most popular refreshable braille displays in computer or Grade 2 Braille.
- JAWS® Standard Edition for Windows XP Home.
- JAWS® Professional Edition for Windows XP Professional, Home, and Media Center Editions/2000/ME.
- Includes JAWS® Basic Training on CD with more than five hours of audio instruction to help users understand how to navigate the Windows environment with JAWS.
- JAWS® has been translated into 17 languages worldwide.
- 30-day money-back satisfaction guarantee and limited 90-day warranty against manufacturing defects.
- Software Maintenance Agreement is available, providing two consecutive future upgrades of the software. Multi-user license agreements also are available.